|Converted from to a passenger ship in 1956 (from 10780gt) in Muskegon, Michigan.|
The ship was originally built as a trans-oceanic troop carrier and made only one trip across the Atlantic before the war ended. Sand Products Company (Detroit, Michigan) purchased the ship in 1952 and had it converted to passenger service. The ship began service in 1956, touring the lakes, before beginning passenger and automobile service between Detroit, Michigan and Cleveland, Ohio. Service ended on September 4, 1962, when it failed to be profitable.
The ship sat idle in Muskegon, Michigan, until 1987, when it was purchased by North Shore Farming Company. The ship was moved to Sarnia, Ontario and then Windsor, Ontario, before being moved to the Cargill Pool Elevator in Buffalo, New York on August 3, 1995. The ship remained there until 2007, when it was towed to Aliaga, Turkey for scrap.