|Built for the Great Lakes Steamship Co., Cleveland OH (home port Wilmington DE) and began service on August 5, 1953; clearing the Cleveland, Ohio light for Duluth, Minnesota.|
Sold in 1957 Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. (Cleveland, Ohio); who chartered the ship to Wilson Marine Transit Co.; renamed Joseph S. Wood.
Sold in 1966 to the Ford Motor Co. (Dearborn, Michigan) and renamed John Dykstra. Renamed again in 1982 to Benson Ford.
Laid up at Dearborn, Michigan on December 16, 1984, for the final time. The ship was renamed in 1985, to free up the name for use on another vessel of the fleet.
Sold for scrap in 1986 to Erwin Robinson Co. and towed to Nicholson Dock & Terminal Co., Ecorse, Michigan. It was resold to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne, Ontario, where it was briefly used for storage. It was sold to Brazilian shipbreakers in 1987 and was towed to Recife, Brazil; arriving on September 22, 1987.